I am so excited to share this DIY soothing lip balm with you today! It is all natural, thrifty, and super easy to make!
If you were to look in my purse right now, you would see that I am a lip balm/lip gloss junkie! Anyone that knows me, knows how true that statement really is. I just can’t get enough of it! Especially lip balm! I mean I love it so much, that I look forward to the day I have to go to the dentist because they give you the BEST lip balm! Did I mention that I love Lip Balm? Clearly making my own lip balm only made sense 🙂 Not only am I saving money, but I can make it the way I want and all natural, avoiding any chemicals or additives. Win! Win!
With the combination of coconut oil, sweet almond oil, and Vitamin E, this lip balm is very soothing, moisturizing, and hydrating. The peppermint & lavender essential oils gives it an invigorating and soothing scent as well.
- 3 tbsp organic beeswax pellets.
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp sweet almond oil (or any carrier oil of your choice)
- 2 capsules Vitamin E Oil
- 10 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 5 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 25 BPA-free Lip Balm Tubes
- Heat beeswax, coconut oil, and almond oil over medium high heat in a double boiler (if you don’t have a double boiler like me, place a glass bowl over a pot with a couple inches of water). Stirring occasionally.
- Once the beeswax has fully melted, remove the glass bowl from the heat and set aside. Wait about 1 minute and then add your vitamin E oil and essential oils. Mix well.
- Use a dropper or a pipette to pour the mixture to the tubes. Let cool and cap it. Viola! You have your very own lip balm in just a few easy steps!
The possibilities are truly endless when it comes to these lip balms. You can make them in so many different variety’s. I can’t wait to make more to keep for myself and to give as gifts for special occasions!
If you’re interested in incorporating essential oils into your home and life, we have a great deal going on right now if you are interested in signing up with Young Living! Not only will you receive a TON of freebies, but you’ll be a part of an extremely active and supportive community! Click HERE to learn more.