Wow, these last few months have been crazy! Between Christmas, and planning my sons 1st birthday party, I have not had time to post anything.
I made these delicious Peppermint Oreo Truffles a while back during the holidays, but never got around to sharing them with you. With Valentines Day just a few days away, what better time to share them will all of you!
These are a twist to my amazing Oreo truffles! During the winter holiday season, Trader Joe’s has these AMAZING cookies called Candy Cane Joe-Joe’s. If you have a Trader Joe’s near you and have seen these cookies but have never tried them, you are missing out. If you do not have Trader Joe’s near you, you can use any mint cookie. I know that Oreo has a few different mint cookies.
Hope everyone has a fabulous Valentines Day!
crush cookies to fine crumbs and place in a medium bowl. Add cream cheese and a 1 tbsp of andes mints.
mix until well blended. roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
Once rolled balls have sat in freezer for 15 to 20 min, dip balls in melted chocolate, place on wax paper-covered baking sheet.
sprinkle with remaining Andes mints.
Peppermint Oreo Truffles
- 1 (16 oz) package of candy cane Joe-Joe’s (or any mint cookie of your choice)
- 1 (8 oz) philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 2 (8 oz) pkg baker’s semi sweet baking chocolate or 6 squares chocolate almond bark
- 4 tbsp Andes peppermint crunch baking chips
1. crush cookies to fine crumbs and place in a medium bowl. Add cream cheese and a 1 tbsp of Andes mints.
2. mix until well blended. roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
3. after rolled place in freezer for about 15-20 min
4. dip balls in melted chocolate, place on wax paper-covered baking sheet.
5. sprinkle with remaining Andes mints.
6. refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
[…] all your crafting and hard work, treat yourself to these amazing Peppermint Oreo Truffles that also make a delicious Valentine’s […]